Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dirty Secrets by Jane O'Reilly

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica
Series: Stand-alone (kinda)

Blurb from Goodreads:
Thirty days of discovery…

With her self-esteem at an all-time low following a disastrous relationship Jules just needs a place to hide away, so when her childhood Theo offers her a place to stay she jumps at the chance!

But the handsome, suave and sophisticated man who greets her is unrecognisable as the teenaged nerd she knew ten years ago. She’s out of her depth in Theo’s new world, especially when he reveals the nature of the business that has made him a very wealthy man…

Theo owns and runs an exclusive club, a very private members club, catering to clients seeking something extra to spice up their private lives. But Jules’s shock and embarrassment turns to fascination and excitement when Theo gifts her a complimentary thirty day membership...

My review:


It's funny how people can change without really changing at all.

You can find the review of Dirty Talk (the first book in this series, "kinda") HERE

Did I enjoy this more than Dirty Talk? Hell to the yes. Did I ever think that was possible? Hell to the no. 

Jules story was a lot more interesting than Amy's, to be honest. This book was more intense and I don't know, exciting? I think it was the different aspects that made it more intriguing. Jules problems felt more real than Amy's. Her love story was a bit more complex than Amy's. And above all, this book was longer.
I don't know if I mentioned that in my previous review, but I was really frustrated that the books were so short. Dirty Talk is no more than 60 pages and this one is only 70 pages. Both of these books are amazing and I would've loved for them to be longer. 

I also mentioned in my previous review how much Dave creeped me out and also how much more that increased while reading this book. I absolutely hate those kind of characters. The controlling and stalking kind. Dave really is the perfect example of everything we don't want in a boyfriend. Or any man, for that matter. While Jules and he were together he made her feel small and worthless, implied that she was fat and that she wasn't good enough. So when they broke up, oh yes, happiness. 

During her time at Theo's and John's club she really finds herself. All of those things Dave kept her from feeling or doing came back to her all at once and helped her move on and find herself. And of course, find love. 

Theo and John were so sweet, oh my. I mean, just. No, no words. I have no words to explain those two. And *SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK* I absolutely loved that Theo was bisexual! I haven't ever read a book with a character who was bisexual and I think this was the right time to do so. 

This really did deserve five stars. And once again, Jane O'Reilly did knock me off my feet. You deserve some loving hugs, woman. 

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment