Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dirty Talk by Jane O'Reilly

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica
Series: Stand-alone (kinda)

Blurb from Goodreads:
When words are not enough…

Amy can’t believe she’s let herself be bullied into a write off with the odious Dave. Now she needs to produce twenty pages of a story by next Friday – the content is to be of a very particular nature!

Fortunately Amy has an advantage: she’s a secret – and voracious – reader of erotica and she knows just what turns her on! But when it comes to putting her own words down on paper embarrassment and nerves have left her with a severe case of writers block…

Enter her good friend Phil. While she’s always thought him too sexy to be true her crippling shyness has held her back. But with Phil as her willing muse, Amy’s reality is suddenly more erotic than any fantasy…

My review:


I need to be alone, somewhere safe, with people I can trust. It's a pity all those people seem to be fictional.

Such a fun book. It was incredibly short and so incredible.  

This is another short and sexy story by Jane O'Reilly. God, this woman needs to be royally praised. She writes like a goddess.

The heroine is this book is a shy and bookish with a hidden love for erotica novels - me likey. She's not the one to speak up for herself but has so much to say. This whole book is so incredibly impeccably cute and dirty, you can't help but love it. And I sure as hell did. 

At first when were introduced to our main character, Amy and she's bullied into writing a twenty-page erotic story you can't help but feel compassion for her and her love for erotica novels but not being able to admit that love to anyone. I think all erotica-lovers can see themselves in her. 'Cause I admit it, telling someone that yes, I like books that are about people with big sexual cravings 'cause they make me feel a tat more romantic that I actually am, is not that easy. Believe me. I've tried. 

Phil and Amy's relationship made me smile. At the times when Amy struggled and Phil was there for her I couldn't help but, YES AS ALWAYS, fall in love with him. He was sweet and caring and helped her to come out of her shell. So in the end when everybody's true intentions had come clear I felt heartbroken. Really, really heartbroken. 

Dave really creeped me out. I have read the kinda sequel (?), Dirty Secrets which focuses on Amy's former best friend Jules. We get to see more of Dave in that book and it just raised my unnerved feelings about him even more. Those controlling guys that are sculpted in some books creep me out so much. 

Review will be up on Dirty Secrets. SOON! And once again, I know this review is far too short but c'mon, it was 60 pages and not so much to reflect over. 

I would suggest this to people who are in need of an incredibly short love story - people who aren't afraid of some really hot times. 

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment