Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Days Between by Tori V. Lync

My rating: 
Genre: Adult, romance
Series: Stand-alone

Blurb from Goodreads:
What if the one who got away, didn’t?

Star-crossed love happened to other people or in the movies. At least that's what I thought.
Until he walked back into my life.
He'd come back at all the wrong times, each one making me wonder about my decisions. Then--like always--our lives spiraled apart until we crashed back together at another intersection years later.
Bad timing.
Again and again. Neither of us free to explore the passion that simmered between us.
Until this time. This time, I wasn't letting him go, consequences be damned.
My review:

It wasn't perfect, but love never was.

First let me say that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. This is mine. 
Let me be completely frank here. This sucked. I just gaaaaah. It's 80 pages of bullcrap. This is not gonna be the longest review 'cause I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to stir in the feelings this brought up-again.

While I was reading this I didn't give a shit about true loves etc etc etc etc. Scream all you want at me but it was cheating. I read that chapter saying: "A year later" and the first sentence said something about leaning against her husband and watching her girls out of the field. I thought, oh well so he dumped his girlfriend, they got married and had children who are old enough to walk. But the chapter said "A year later". How in the butterflying hell did she manage to have three or two, I don't remember, children who are old enough to walk around in a year?! That was when I realized, oh well they're having an affair. And don't go throw that "it was true love" bullshit in my face 'cause quite frankly I don't care. They were cheating on their partners and there's not one butterflying explanation you can try and give me because I'm not changing my mind. I think the whole book was wrong I would've gladly put it down, but I didn't because I thought that maybe, maybe one of them still had a bit of sanity left. 

And let's not forget my absolute hatred toward underdeveloped characters. None of these characters had a butterflying background story except for maybe "he was my true love blah blah blah blah blah". So no, I did not like this book. At all. I can usually tolerate a kiss or one night together but an affair that's stretched over several years? No. I'm not tolerating it. So one star. If I could give a negtive number I would, but I gave that one star to his wife. His wife who did nothing wrong and who was a victim to their butterflying affair. End of story. 

Life isn't about finding happily ever after. 

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment