Thursday, March 19, 2015

Propositions by Tania Joyce

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica
Series: stand-alone

Blurb from Goodreads:
No strings attached ... or so she thought.

Following years of sacrifice and struggle, Jessica Mason now co-owns a successful marketing agency in Sydney. All Jessica wants to do is focus on growing her business and maintain the lifestyle she's worked so hard to achieve. But everything changes when her agency wins a major contract for the opening of the new Somers Hotel and she has to take on the account.

Nate Somers is a workaholic trying to please his retiring father. When he meets captivating, go-getting Jessica, the prospect of a short-term love affair sounds like a proposition he'd be crazy to decline.

But when Jessica spends a weekend away at her favorite vineyard retreat, she runs into Troy Smith, the ex-boyfriend who left her broken and vulnerable years ago. Things don't go to plan when the well-kept secrets from her past are revealed and Troy starts weaving his way back into her life.

With her business at stake and hearts at risk, Jessica's future is destined to change. Who will end up making Jessica a proposition she simply cannot refuse?


My review:

Some things could be a blessing in disguise. 

You know, I keep doing this to myself. I read erotica novel after erotica novel after erotica novel. It's the only thing I've been reading this last month. I don't have an excuse 'cause I honestly don't think that I need one. And while reading these erotica novels there's cliche after cliche after cliche. But I like it. I like cliches. As much as I love books without cliches that still have happy endings, I like cliches. 

What can I say about this that I haven't already said about every other erotica novel I've reviewed this month? There's a lot of things I could say but I'd still be repeating myself. So I'll start out of nowhere with no clue whatsoever where this is headed.

I never liked Troy. I never like the ex-boyfriends erupting from the main character's past at a completely random moment. He felt too clingy too actually be likable and I never grew fond of him. 
Nate - on the other hand - I loved. I loved him sooooo much. And I had a constant irritation toward (Rachel was her name, right?) throughout the entire book. I believe Nate would've been an amazing father hadn't Rachel (???) been such a gold-digger. I mean, in the end when Jessica was pregnant he did realize his mistake and he did come back to her.

Jessica was a strong character. Not only having a grown-up son but also working the job she did and carrying her past. They were all pure signs of an independent and strong woman and I, of course loved it. 

Believe me when I say this. I want to write so much more about this book. So, so, so much more. But I just can't. It was incredibly enjoyable and frustrating at some points. HAHAHHAHA, no-strings, really? It never works, you know. Just sayin'.

If in doubt - add more glitter!

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment