Monday, March 2, 2015

Personal Geography & Intimate Geography by Tamsen Parker

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica; BDSM
Series: The Compass #1

Blurb from Goodreads:
Powerhouse consultant India Burke is notorious for her razor-sharp mind, her incisive tongue, and for always being in control. But during her “lost weekends”—out-of-town, one-and-done, anonymous rendezvous solely for the purpose of kinky sex—she craves a submissive role.

Cris Ardmore, India’s latest tryst, is a Dominant who calls an isolated Hawaiian paradise home. India’s expecting forty-eight hours of contractually defined sex, but instead of serving as just another BDSM Band-Aid, Cris wants to know the real India Burke. Despite her aversion to anything approaching intimacy, India is hooked by their incredible sexual chemistry.

With tension ratcheting up in her professional life, India needs the release Cris offers more than ever, but her repeated visits come with their own risks. No matter how strong their attraction, India is determined to maintain her boundaries in order to keep her life whole after her first love blew it apart. She must choose between taking a chance and handing Cris the road map to her heart or locking down her borders before he does any more damage.

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica; BDSM
Series: The Compass #2

Blurb from Goodreads:
Fiercely protective of her heart, India Burke let down her defenses when Cris Ardmore went from another notch on her D/s playdate belt to everything she could never admit she wanted. 

But being disowned by your family and betrayed by your lover aren't easy to get over, and India’s old fears of intimacy creep in against a backdrop of professional drama that forces her return to a place that never really felt like home. 

Though she proved her loyalty when it mattered most, love is about more than grand gestures and Cris wants all of her—which may be more than India is able to give. Can Cris and India navigate to a shared future or will they forever be off course? 


My review:


Sometimes it seemed like a good idea. To not have anything to worry about. To have no responsibilities. To drown out the chaos in my head.  

Personal Geography

Excuse me in advance for the not so committed reviews - I've read quite a few books after these two and I don't remember all of my thoughts. 

When I first started reading this I was a bit, well let's call it confused. I haven't read a single book with the exception for Fifty Shades of Grey that included BDSM. But I was a bit curious to continue reading due to the BDSM. Sometimes when I'm in battle mood I take on people who hate on BDSM and I feel like this book is takes on the BDSM-haters twenty-four seven. Now, I am saying that I  myself will never be apart of a BDSM relationship because I could never do that to myself but I absolutely hate it when people talk negative about it. Sure, fine it doesn't seem like the greatest hobby but who are we to judge? It's a life stile like any other and the reason why people get worked up about it is because according to them it's abusive or psychopathic. I actually have a blog post about this - not particularly about BDSM but about sex in books etc. So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not the straight up BDSM lover but I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe I have personal problems with it but I don't misuse those feeling and I hate it when other people do. It's a life stile that some people chose to live and that is their choice; not yours. 

I was so frustrated with India at some times I didn't even know how to cooperate. Now I am not going to talk about which those moments were because I feel like writing a spoiler free review. But gah, that frustration really got the best of me sometimes. 

These books were so incredibly well written I feel like all the other books I read after this were amateur written and I annoyed the hell out of myself for thinking that, 'cause the book I read after this was actually really good. 

Crispin. Where do I start to explain my love for Crispin? There is no end and no beginning. Crispin Ardmore; oldest living boyfriend. 

PS. There is a heart breaking cliffhanger in the end. Just thought you should know. 

Intimate Geography

*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for honest review*

Wow.
I mean the cliffhanger, man. That was painful. That was incredibly painful. And it ended so abruptly. Sorry people who read the first book last year and had/have to wait for the second one but HOW IN THE HOLY HELL DID YOU SURVIVE? I barely survived that hour I had to wait in between finished PG and starting IG. So no, I can see no explanation to your survival #sorrynotsorry. 

I believe I enjoyed Intimate Geography a bit more than Personal Geography. Probably because their relationship became more investigated and we got to know more about Crispin and India and absolutely loved that. 

The two hospital scenes were incredibly sweet and probably two of my favorite scenes throughout these books. And the epilogue was out of life cute. I loved it sooooooooo much. 

Short review, don't care. Okay, that didn't work out just as well as short hair, don't care but whatever. 


Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment