Monday, March 16, 2015

Love of a Rockstar & To Cherish and To Hold by Nicole Simone

My rating: ★★★
Genre: NA, romance
Series: Love of a Rockstar #1

Blurb from Goodreads:
Marlene Parker thought she met her soul mate at eighteen but when he left her pregnant and alone to pursue a life of rock n roll, she vowed to never love again. Now four years later, she is being offered the dream of a lifetime. Moving to France with her daughter to start anew. There is only one problem. Marlene’s formative ex is back in town, and his pull is strong as ever.

Luke Anderson has everything a man could want. Fame, fortune and enough beautiful women to last him a lifetime. That is until a young runaway shows him what is truly important. Family. A word in which plagues Luke with regret. As a scared twenty two year old he ran away from the love of his life and their unborn child. Now ready to reverse his biggest regret with only three days to do it, Luke’s fate hangs in the balance. The question is, will he be able to convince Marlene their love story deserves a second chance?

My rating: ★★★
Genre: NA, romance
Series: Love of a Rockstar #1.5

Blurb from Goodreads:
Marlene Parker got her fairy tale ending. Luke Anderson, her one and only love and their darling little girl are finally a family again. However, nobody said marrying a rockstar is easy. The media is out for blood, groupies are singing on Marlene’s front lawn and people are deeming her the new Yoko Ono. If that wasn’t enough, there is a wedding to plan and pies to bake. An expert in chaos, Marlene doesn’t get easily stressed. That is, until an unexpected pregnancy digs up old insecurities, potentially threatening the life she has worked so hard to gain. 

Will Marlene and Luke vow to cherish and to hold forever? 

Or was their story never meant to be?

My review:


He was the yin to my yang, always balancing me out, my soul mate. 

First of all, let me just say this, this book isn't really the best book for you if you don't handle cliches well. 

By reading the blurb I was intrigued, by reading the first chapter I was head-over-heels excited and by the end, I was addicted. Now, I'm not saying that this is an amazing book 'cause frankly I had some really big problems with it but goddamn it's addicting. 

First problem, Marlene. I thought Marlene was an awesome character and that she was strong and independent. In the beginning that was. She told Luke she wanted him to prove himself worthy of returning to their lives and that it wasn't gonna be easy. Yes, excuse me I think I heard you wrong. How in the holy hell did he prove himself? By baking a wedding cake? Bullshit. I think his return into their lives was all too great. He hurt her so incredibly much by walking out on her all those years ago and being left by your one true love isn't really something you get over in a day. So yes, I was angry and mad at Marlene for letting Luke in so easily. He should've gotten more of a challenge. 

The second problem isn't really that much of a problem. It's more a complain about it not being longer. If you are to write a novel including well-developed characters, an interesting story, and a heck of an ending then the book can't be less than 300 pages. If you aren't an incredibly amazing author who can manage that then congrats, I love you but if you're not then add some story and some extra pages to your book. People always say it's conversation that brings a book forward; the conversations would be nothing without a story. 

So, I had some troubles. Yes. But I got over it and enjoyed the ride. It's well written but could've been longer. It had it ups and downs but ended up making me feel giddy with joy. It's sweet and fun and who can resist a hot singer with being-a-daddy issues? No one. 

I don't have that much to say about the extra novella. I think Luke managed to grow a pair and the whole thing was incredibly entertaining. 


I still look for your face in the crowds...oh if you could see me now..
would you stand in disgrace or take a bow ? Oh if you could see me now..

No comments:

Post a Comment