Thursday, March 19, 2015

Insatiable by Cari Quinn

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica
Series: Stand-alone

Blurb from Goodreads:
Having all of her is the only thing that will satisfy him...
Shawn Griffin and Rachel Cooper have been best friends practically since birth, thanks to their families' close relationship. But for the past few years, Shawn has been fantasizing about getting his best pal in his bed. When she announces she's taking a trip to reconnect with an old lover, Shawn knows the time has come to put up or shut up. If she wants to go to New York City, fine. But he's coming with her.
Rachel doesn't know what to think of Shawn's sudden interest. Determined to live life on her own terms, she refuses to fall right in line with her wealthy family's wish that they get married and have perfect little babies. She just didn't count on how determined her seemingly laid back - and extremely sexy - best friend would become after setting his sights on what he wants. Her, over and over again.
But when tragedy strikes, Rachel begins to wonder if she'll lose not only her lover but her best friend too.
My review:

I feel very negative writing this even though I liked it - I'm blaming my current headache which apparently has decided to kill me.

I liked this. All the character were sweet and easy to love and never annoyed me. Well at sometimes, yes, but not so often. 

I feel like it's easier so talk about the negative things about something instead of the positive so without knowing where this review is headed let me just state my thoughts.

I loved the whole thing. Shawn was incredibly cute and it was clear how much he actually loved and adored her. But, I couldn't help but feel a bit of - I don't know how to describe it really. I feel like Shawn waited to start showing his true feelings to Rachel until this novel started. If I get the whole picture correctly, Shawn has loved Rachel as more than a friend for an impeccably long time but why does he wait this long until acting? I couldn't help but feel a tad of unrealistic feelings getting in the way. Sorry. 

Right now I'm too tired and my head hurts too much so I won't be able to form coherent sentences - bye. 

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment