Thursday, March 19, 2015

Guarded Passion by Bonnie Dee

My rating: ★★
Genre: NA, romance
Series: Wyatt Brothers #3

Blurb from Goodreads:
A struggling single mother.
Rianna Cutter strips to survive. It’s the best paying gig for a young woman with little education and puts a roof over her child’s head and food on the table. Working toward a better life for her son, she has no time or energy for love.

A tough criminal businessman.
Jonah Wyatt is ready to make a big change, moving away from his successful pot growing business into a legitimate enterprise. He’s all business all the time and has no interest in finding love he doubts even exists.

Could love be more unexpected?
Their first interaction has all the romance of a business transaction, but from that rough beginning, Rianna and Jonah tentatively reach out to one another. As their barriers dissolve, the awakening of new love is threatened by family drama.

This is book three in a series but may easily be read as a stand alone.
 

My review:

Okay then.

This wasn't good. By the reading the synopsis I really thought it was gonna be an amazing book, but unfortunately, it wasn't. The whole prospect of watching a woman stripping to survive and a drug-lord falling in love had me on edge - a good edge. Then, when I finished the book I was so disappointed. It wasn't at all entertaining and it didn't impact on me in any specific way. 

The whole book was incredibly slow-paced and at times I saw myself putting it down - and I wouldn't have picked it up again. I didn't feel a pull to any of the characters and were mostly annoyed with them. 

I really don't wanna dig up any more negative feelings so I'm ending this review right here.

One comical thing though - even if it isn't about the actual book - I read this and then realized that is the third installment in a series hahah

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment