Thursday, March 19, 2015

Beneath the Surface by M. A. Stacie

My rating: ★★★+0.5
Genre: Adult, romance; erotica
Series: Reluctance #1

Blurb from Goodreads: 
Kyran Reese is a man in control. Driven when it comes to work, focused when it comes to play. From his office to the chalk circle of the bare-knuckle boxing ring, his only thought is to win. That thirst heightens when Dale Porter enters his life. His brother’s assistant should be off limits, but her witty comments and sarcastic comebacks have him desperate to get her between the sheets.

When Dale agrees to Kyran’s relationship stipulation of no labels she’s sucked into a whirlwind of lust, money, and underground boxing. Dale fights her growing affection, trying to hide it when the world around them spirals out of control. All too soon she realizes she can’t hide her true feelings any longer.

Has Kyran finally met his match? Could playing to win mean playing for keeps?

My review:

I liked this. It was easy to read and none of the main characters annoyed me. But as always I'm gonna complain about a few things. 

Where are the developed characters? I couldn't find any of those - doesn't matter how hard I tried - I couldn't find a single one. If you've read my earlier reviews you know exactly how far my resentment for underdeveloped characters goes. It's not a pretty path, I can assure you. And I found mostly all of these characters extremely underdeveloped. Which was a disappointment, of course. 

While reading this book all I could feel was


It didn't have an impact on me and it didn't leave me with any second thoughts whatsoever. To be honest, I am struggling so much right now to remember my thoughts and believe me when I say that it's not easy. I couldn't relate to any of the character which really is a big "turn on" for me while reading a book. If I can relate to the characters the book more likely to end up with a good rate and review. 

I don't know how to describe in words what I want to say right now but I'll try my best and I apologize in advance if I lose you along the way. 
Does it sound rude if I said that I don't need this book in my life? Not that I didn't enjoy it, because really, I did! But I feel like I wouldn't have been miserable without it in my life. It didn't impact me and I could've lived without it. 

And just No to that cover. No. 

So three and a half stars it is. 

Contact me:

Goodreads: @forbiddenbooks
Wattpad: @dustbricks

Thank you so much for reading, I'll talk to you next time. BYEEE

sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment